Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:58:08 +0000
From: customerservice@opera.com
To: ppearson@hiwaay.net
Subject: (ID-number:99330) Unable to use Java

(Please keep the subject when replying to this e-mail)

Hello,

>> For Netscape plugin and Java support, you need Opera 5.05 or newer. I
>> recommend that you download Opera 6.0 beta 1:
>
> According to the web page when I filled in the report, I'm using Opera
> 5.12. I assume this is later than 5.05. I would *love* to be using Opera 6
> on this computer; when will the Linux PPC version be available?

I am not sure, but Opera 6.0 will probably be ported when it goes final, if not sooner. No release date is available, though.

You are using Opera 5.0. I don't know why your profile says 5.12 - it does not detect this manually, so you must have set it to 5.12 at some point..?

>> http://www.opera.com/download/
>>
>> Also see:
>>
>> www.opera.com/support/supsearch/supsearch.cgi?options=index&name=700
>
> Thanks. I've seen the above page (as a matter of fact, I just referenced
> it to someone on a Linux mailing list). As I said, I appear to be using
> Opera 5.12. One issue, that I mentioned when submitting the help request,
> is that the Linux PPC port of Java only comes with Netscape6 and Mozilla
> plugins. Will OPera work with those?

No, we only support the Netscape 4 plugin interface...

--
Best regards,
Håvard K. Moen

(Copyright Opera Software - © All rights reserved)