Re: Problems with latest woody XFree86 package

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 22:36, Harald Welte wrote:

> XFree86 has been working fine on my Dual G4 450 with ATI Rage 128 AGP so far,
> until the last update of the XFree86 packages (4.1.0-14)
>
> Now the X server is continuously growing at run time, below is the 'ps'
> output for about two days uptime:
>
> root       636 36.3 53.9 351132 277012 ?     S<   Apr16 515:21 X -bpp 32
>
> I mean, 351 MB is not really a realistic value.

I have noticed the X server leaking for a long time, unfortunately I haven't
been able to track it down yet.

Beware though that at least part of what you see could be client leaks as the
X server stores lots of resources on behalf of clients. What happens if you
log out and back in (current display managers shouldn't restart the X server
in that case unless you explicitly configure them to)?

> Another issue is that the Xv support now seems broken.  Previous to the last
> update, DVD and VCD playback with various players was always working fine.
>
> Now the scaling is somewhat broken, I only se the left half of the video
> picture - but this left half is stretched to the whole window size. Resizing
> the window doesn't help either.

If this only occurs in high resolutions, it's a known problem which the
GATOS project seems to have fixed in their drivers.