Re: Install on a PowerMacintosh 7200/90

Hello!

Only real problem is that because that version of Open Firmware doesn't
drive display, I have never actually seen quik to boot, only blank
screen. After linux starts to boot everything is ok. I haven't figured
out yet how I can boot different kernels, ie how to use quik boot-menu
with my blank screen...

Right. You can't, unless you hook up another machine.  It's sending
and receiving over the modem port.  Nice to hear it worked well in
spite of that. The potato version does _not_ work so well, so I'd
advise installing woody.

Yes, I know that. I wonder if I can use Quik bootloader kernel selection with blank screen, ie. pressing right keycombinations.? It's too risky to update new kernel unless I can safely keep backup kernel, in case something just skrews wrong...

Somebody mentioned keeping backup-kernel on floppy disk. How can I do this? With ybin? RTFM? ;-)

-jkarjanl