Re: Installation-Problem (no harddisk found)

(thread resorted)

On Sun, 2002-04-14 15:26:39 +0200, Frederic Gobin <frederic.gobin@web.de>
wrote in message <[🔎] 200204141326.g3EDQdv02065@mailgate5.cinetic.de>:
> > > Whats going wrong ?
> >
> > i have the rescent 12.1" variant, there is ab problem in the linux ide
> > driver which prevents accessing the diskt when a media is in the cd-rom
> > dive while booting, you mast copy the install-files to a hfs partition
> > and boot into the installer via open firmware from harddisk. I Installed
> > three iBooks this way and it succeeded. perhaps the cd-image i used tu
> > carry the files to these iBooks helps you, you find it at
> >
> > http://www.in-panik.de/projekte/iBook/iBook-cd-phils-2002-03.iso.bz2
> >
> > it also includes fixed german keybord maps (the ones in woody lack the
> > ALT-GR mapping, so you can't type @ or ~)
>
> It works !!!
> I copied the contents of the install/powerpc-dir to my mac partition,
> changed the yaboot.conf and boot it from OF ...

fine...

> The only that doesn't work is the key to eject CDs ...

use eject or try "apt-get install ikeyd"

AVE!
  phils...

--
     PHILIPP SCHMIDT / phils - - + - - > philipp@ppc.in-berlin.de
                                 ` - - > http://home.pages.de/~phils/

Lbh unir whfg ivbyngrq gur Qvtvgny Zvyraavhz Pbclevtug Npg ol oernxvat gur
cebgrpgvba bs pbclevtugrq zngrevny.  Vs lbh ner abg n pvgvmra be erfvqrag bs
gur HFN, lbh evfx orvat vzcevfbarq naq uryq jvgubhg lnvy sbe hc gb gjb jrrxf
hcba ragel gb gur HFN (c) Copyright 2001 by Hartmann Schaffer (signature only)