Re: Problems setting time on iBook2

>My workaround for the time problem is to use ntp and co.
>
>Apparently, it's possible to have MacOS X use UTC time as well, don't
>know how though.

Probably by setting the timezone in the PRAM to UTC. I think MacOS X will
do just like linux, that is use the PRAM to convert whatever time is in the
RTC to UTC, then use it's own unix'ish way to handle time zones internally,
thus not touching the PRAM anymore. I haven't tested, but I beleive if the
timezone info in PRAM is set to UTC, you can then have both linux and
MacOS X use UTC RTC. MacOS 9 is a different story here.

Ben.