Re: PowerPC Debian CD's do not boot on my b&w G3 but Suse 7.0 does

On Sunday, 17. March 2002 03.09, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sam, 2002-03-16 at 18:14, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > As I said before none of the powerpc Debian Potato CD's
> > nor a recent Debian network CD (I don't remember from
> > where) and neither the woody CD from "trasno.net" boots
> > on my blue&white G3 PowerMac. This is strange since
> > there shouldn't be a problem. Finally I got a CD set of
I had no problems to install Debian on my newly acquired
blue&whit G3 PowerMac  AFTER  having upgraded the firmware.
The firmware upgrade was on my MacOS 9.2 CD and was
required to upgrade vom MacOS 8.5 to MacOS 9.2.

Maybe this helps.

Regards
--
Niklaus Giger