Problems booting for the first time, Titanium PowerBook

Hopefully I don't iterate things that have been said already (there is a very similar recent thread, but it didn't explicitly say what to do).

I've installed 2.2.r5 from the net, following the appropriate instructions. In order to be albe to install to begin with, I remember adding 'novideo' to yaboot.conf in the installation files (I downoladed the floppy images) as the plain .onf file rendered my output useless (described below). Adding novideo straightened things out.

I then installed debian without problems to a new partition, went very smoothly. I also wrote the appropriate files to the bootstraps partition (as per the instruction document), and the systems boots, as it should, with debian by default.

However, I don't see a thing other than a white screen with output containing the words '128' and 'ati' (which is the same as the installation files did before I added 'novideo' to the yaboot.conf file). I don't remember the exact wording, I could look this up if it helps.

So, I tried to change the yaboot.conf file in the bootstrap partition. I wouldn't know how to do this, as it isn't mounted to begin with.

Another thing I tried was to configure the yaboot.conf when generated using mkofboot --boot [...]. Didn't work.

Is there any way of giving video settings during basic install? If so, what is it?

Any feedback would be appreciated as I really look forward to logging on to my new system and configuring it.

Thanks

/Dimitris