Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

>Following up to myself, it does seem to be worse with higher quality
>sound (meaning higher data volume) and more graphics intensive apps, so
>bus saturation sounds plausible. Why did this never happen on the Pismo?
>Was the sound chip on a different bus there? Is there any way we can
>improve the situation? The way it is now, sound is unbearable in most
>games.

If the game don't keep playing with volume etc..., it's i2s bus, which
is pretty similar to the old davbus bus used by awacs (and provided by
the same ASIC cell).

However, if volume setting enter the dance, then yes, it has to go
through i2c which kinda sucks.

Ben.