Re: Audio CDs in xmms on ibook2 2001 600Mhz

On Sam, 2002-03-09 at 23:52, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sam, 2002-03-09 at 23:24, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
>
> > As for the random hangs, this may be caused by high system loads and
> > happens on just about all of my machines when I saturate the bus...
>
> Again, this never happened with the Pismo, but now it happens in every
> SDL app I've tried on this TiBook/667. It seems like the SDL audio
> thread hangs with the sound looping indefinitely until it hits a
> timeout. Not what I'd expect as a symptom of bus saturation, but my
> expectations may be wrong. :)

Following up to myself, it does seem to be worse with higher quality
sound (meaning higher data volume) and more graphics intensive apps, so
bus saturation sounds plausible. Why did this never happen on the Pismo?
Was the sound chip on a different bus there? Is there any way we can
improve the situation? The way it is now, sound is unbearable in most
games.