Airport "Tx error" problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my Apple Airport card in a PowerBook G4 400MHz:

I will load the module, use iwconfig to set my key, and then try to
start the normal DHCP process.  The kernel logs these errors:

eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E3)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01E3)
eth1: Tx error, status 4 (FID=01CF)
etc ...

I'm using kernel 2.2.18-ben0 with version 0.09b of airport.c and
orinoco.c.  I found a message at
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/wireless/2001-December/003534.html
that seems to include a patch for a related problem.  Looking at the
source, it doesn't include the comments in that patch but seems
different enough that I can't tell quite whether or not it's been
patched.  (I'm not at all an expert in these things)

I had previously been using a Wavelan Silver PCMCIA card with the
same configuration, and it worked fine.  I have also tried an earlier
ben0 kernel and got the same results.  The Airport card works fine in MacOS
X.

Thanks,
John Goerzen
jgoerzen@complete.org