Re: Woody install docs and Nubus

Derrik -

I had mkLinux up on my 7100/66 (about a year ago), it worked, but very
buggy, and I didn't have time to play with it.  From time to time I review
the LINUX world to see what's happenning, and, last week,  I found your note
mentioning a way to get Woody up on your 6100, and spent the weekend getting
potato 2.2 r5 up using the ram disk mach kernel and 3 downloaded cd-images.
I really wanted woody, but couldn't decide between the stable, unstable,
etc.

Well, the result with potato is:
    I don't have floppy drivers,
    I don't have a printer driver for hp deskwriter driver,
    I can't get X working  because
        I'm missing fbdev (graphics driver) in xF86config, and
        I don't know what else yet.

I agree with you totally that the debian installation documentation is
rather weak re nubus ppc's.  But you have done it!.  It gave me the courage
to try once more.

Could you take a moment to send me the site name from which you obtained the
install-disk-images?  I hope you have some sort of log as to what sites you
went to and what you downloaded.

Thanks for listening.

Joel

Joel M. Stutman