mice and x

ok, I've got a problem of my own. I finally figured out how to get X working
(I'm using enlightenment as a window manager). Nice desktop BTW. Anyhow, my
mouse isn't working. The mouse works fine in the linux console - with the
gpm package - but I haven't a clue why it isn't working in X. I'm pointing X
at /dev/input/mice, and I don't have the adbmouse driver for some strange
reason. I've read the list archives, but the closest solution I've read that
may work needs the /dev/adbmouse driver.

I know I said I didn't need that driver, *blush* but, I'll ask again if
anyone has it, or where can I extract it from?

Another is that I'm using a quasi-ISO ADB keyboard - CSA - and I'm using the
u.s. layout cuz that's the only one working. I was wondering if there was a
package that added more layouts, and if not, what layout can I use to get
some sort of close approximation to the layout? In Mac OS the closest would
be ISO or French, but I'm not too sure.

TIA,

eric