Re: ethernet for laserwriter select 360

On 17 Shevat 5762, Michael D. Crawford wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get the ethernet adapter for a
> laserwriter select 360?  I don't think they're made anymore.

If it supports LocalTalk then any LocalTalk<->EtherTalk bridge would
work.  I've seen them new for ~US$100 (but haven't looked recently).
Also you could get an old Mac II running Mac OS 7.x with an Ethernet
card and run Apple's free-as-in-beer LaserWriter Bridge on it - might be
cheaper.

> Also, is it possible to print to one of these printers from Linux via
> appletalk? I don't think it understands lpr protocols.

Sure, install netatalk and look at the pap man page.  There are a few
sites around the web that will walk you through setting it up so that
LPR prints to it using pap too.
--
Charles Sebold                                      17th of Shevat, 5762