Re: Trying to install Debian PPC on a Performa 6300CD...

On 17 Shevat 5762, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:

> I am trying to install Debian PPC on a Performa 6300CD.

If I remember correctly, a 6300 is not an Open Firmware-based PowerMac,
and the stock Debian support is for OF-based systems (starting with the
Performa 6360).  You may have better luck with
<http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net>.  It comes with Debian installer
images too - get that kernel booted if it works, and you will be able to
use the rest of Debian/PowerPC just fine.  Note that you will have to
have a MacOS partition or disk to bootstrap from.
--
Charles Sebold                                      17th of Shevat, 5762