Re: PowerMac 9600 video questions

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2002, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>

> > The ati driver only works with ATI chips. ;) Try imstt or fbdev.

OK the story is continuing....

the context
	PowerMac 9600
	video card IMS Twin Turbo (IMS,tt128mb8A)
	booted with BootX
	kernel 2.4.18-pre7-ben0 with CONFIG_FB_IMSTT=y
	booted with BootX

1) when giving extra kernel argument video=imsttfb
with or without "force video setting"
the machine boots fine, but after the few first kernels messages
the screen goes black.... I don't see any kernel boot messages, I have
to type blinkly.. or ssh the machine in order to reboot

I have to boot with video=ofonly in order to get the console screen.

2) setting XF86Config-4 to use
Driver		"imstt"
VideoRam 	8192    # the 9600/350 comes with 8Mb on card

and startx gives me something like uper half screen with a kind of
display the other (lower half) black.
furthermore, the upper half part is cutted in 2 parts (left rigth)
something like that

		+---------+---------+
	        |         |         |
useable quarter |         |         |  like mirrored of the "useable
        	|         |         |  quarter"
		+---------+---------+
	        |                   |
	        |      Black        |

furthermore /var/log/XFree86.log tells me the following
(--) imstt(0): probed videoram = 3072k

	Thank' for any advice.

	Eric

--
 fgu> Je reviens sur mon post de 11h27 : Au lieu de :"2ème DD en
 fgu> Secondary Master (SM)" ce serait plutôt : "2ème DD en Primary