Re: Cross compilation for Atari platform

Hello!

>>> Michael Schmitz <schmitz@mail.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> 26.01.2002  18.51 Uhr >>>
>> > my PowerMac G4.
>> > On the CD's I found binutils-m68k but I guess I also need a compiler-
>> > and a library package

> No library required for kernel compiles.

>> > (The installed compiler complaints about -ffixed-a2 and m68060).
>> > Can anybody tell me from where to download the necessary packages?

A few weeks ago, I set up a cross-compiling environment too. My aim was to compile a Linux/PPC kernel under OpenBSD/i386 (crazy enough, I know :) ). What I did was the following (IIRC):

1. Download binutils sources (I used stock 2.11.2). ./configure --prefix=$HOME/cross --target=ppc-linux ; make ; make install.

2. Download gcc-core-2.95.3.tar.gz (or, at your option, any newer version) from gcc.gnu.org. export PATH=$HOME/cross/bin:$PATH ; ./configure --prefix=$HOME/cross --target=ppc-linux --with-newlib ; make ; make install.

3. In the linux kernel source tree, edit main Makefile: The 'ARCH' line has to read: "ARCH = ppc" (or, in your case, m68k). gmake xconfig (it is necessary under OpenBSD to use gmake -- under Debian GNU/Linux you just use make) ; gmake dep clean zImage.

This was simple enough, and it worked fine, though I had expected it not to ;-).

--benny.