Re: Memory tester for powerpc?

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, ozymandias G desiderata wrote:

> I got a *ton* of messages during a few of my recent builds of
> 2.4.18-pre6-ben0, and none at all with the kernel from
> kernel-image-2.4.16-newpmac. This leads me to believe that the
> configuration may have something to do with it. Here's the kind of
> messages I'm talking about:
>
> aglaia kernel: IN from bad port cfc at c00d5280

[...]

Well, I got similar messages when I had loaded the wrong RTC-driver,
because it uses some x86-specific port accesses. The solution was to
unload the modules drivers/char/rtc.o and instead load
drivers/macintosh/rtc.o. Of course, if you have RTC support built in, not
as a module, that does not work.

Greetings,
Lukas