Re: searching Java & flash for mozilla

Hi Michel,

> It is indeed strange that the JDK plugin doesn't even have a relocation
> for 'ect' - could it be a bug in the dynamic linker after all, mangling
> the relocation for 'select' or another symbol containing 'ect'?

Yes, I think you are absolutely right.  It was probably some other symbol
containing the substring "ect".  We should probably file a bug report on
the linker error message for this.

But forcing -fPIC throughout the jdk plugin build seems to have done the
trick.  Laurent can now run Galeon properlly with his latest build.

Unfortunately, you can not even build the jdk plugin against mozilla 0.9.7
since the jdk plugin code and the mozilla headers are out of sync.  The
x86 JDK crowd built against mozilla 0.9.5 instead of 0.9.7 and it seems to
work.

So look for a new ppc linux release from Laurent fixing that problem later
in the week (the mirrors have to get updated).

Thanks for your bug reports (and hints!).

Kevin