Re: Luxo jr.

Tom Gall wrote:

Jens Schmalzing wrote:

Hi,

our department is thinking of buying a number of new desktop machines,
and we are considering the new iMac as an alternative to the standard
i386 boxes.  Has anybody here run Debian on one of these things yet?
Any glitches, caveats, pitfalls?

Hi Jens,

Well the key is that the box isn't yet in the hands of those who if it
needs fixes for any reason can create those fixes. It's also quite
possible it'll just work.

So there are drivers for the nVidia GeForce2 DRI on PPC? I'd think that will be the biggest obstacle, and that's why I'm not rushing out to get one, though I'm in the market for something like it. Then again, having to maintain binary drivers for multiple kernel/platform combinations might finally push nVidia to open up their code, but I wouldn't count on it.

No need to worry tho, people will put in the effort to get it
working....

To the extent that we can...

Zeen,
--