Re: ppc version

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:04:19AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:12:55AM +0100, Klaus Prasse wrote:
> >I've downloaded CD-images for the Debian PowerPC version. After that I
> >tried to install debian on a RS6000 system, but the system didn't boot
> >from my CDs. Are the CD images 'Debian PowerPC' not bootable? I didn't
> >succeed in finding
> >any information which could help me with my problem.
> >
> >Please be so kind to tell me how I can solve this problem.
>
> I'm not sure if the CDs are able to boot on RS6000 hardware. Maybe
> somebody on the powerpc list can help with that...?

Have you seen

/cdrom/dists/potato/main/disks-powerpc/current/prep/install.txt ?
             ^^^^^^ woody if you got that one

I think I should get around to incorporating that stuff into the main
install manual. I wasn't sure how up to date it is.

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |