Re: Powerpc (mac-G4) -essentially broken

Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2002 11:16 schrieb benh@kernel.crashing.org:
> >All my apps talk to /dev/dsp, or esd (I'm trying to give it up).  It's
> > just things like the KDE stuff which use the sound server.  Maybe I
> > should just disable sound in KDE.  Or maybe the problem will disappear
> > after a few weeks as
> >a testing deb changes?
>
> Well, maybe. You should still fill a bug report against the package. It
> would be interesting if you could test the sid package though. If neither
> works, then try recompiling the sound server from upstream latest source
> base. If you find one that works, then submit a debian bug report giving
> that info ;) If not then someone need to go fix it.

The sid package doesn't work for me. I have installed libarts 2.2.2-11 and
starting it gives me the folloging error message:

fabian@schw-zimmer8:~$ artsd -D /dev/sound/dsp1
Error while initializing the sound driver:
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT failed - Invalid argument

I am using the dmasound_pmac driver from 2.4.17-pre2-ben0. I remember someone
posting that it works with alsa drivers but I have not yes tested this.

regards Fabian
--
FEBO im Internet
http://www.febo.nl