Ti PowerBook G4, sudden death??

My Powerbook G4 has crashed while nothing than a screensaver was running - I
got a "X mon" exception message, sorry but I do not wrote it down.

There may be was some NFS traffic, I noticed the not responding
system, as I tried to unmount a NFS resource, I worked with before.

I'm running Debian-Linux (Woody), Kernel 2.4.17 Ben

The system was running well for several month before...

I tried to restart with the three Buttons (Option+Ctrl+Power), as it always
has helped in some worse situations -- but nothing happenes :-(

The only way to shut down was the reset button, which I never used before.

Then the bad surprise: Switching on, the hard drive spins up, but that was
all:
-no startup chime
-the display stays dark
-only the caps lock and num lock leds are working

The Power-Command-Option-P-R or -O-F has no effect too.
A CD boot does not work, because it does not load a CD while running
or powered on with Power-C.

Switching off is only possible using the reset button again or holding
the Power Button for about 4sec.

Any helping ideas, or how to find out if the mainboard/CPU is bad?

(I've still the 1 year warranty until 3/2002)

Percy