Re: fdisk quits weirdly

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 12:25:33AM +0100, Sunnanvind Fenderson wrote:
> Hi.
> Following the installation guide at
> http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html and choosing "debian only",
> some weird prompt tells me my bootstrap partition should be of type
> Apple_bootstrap but it then boots into the installer anyway. After

The weird prompt is yaboot. It's designed to work with a bootstrap
partition as described in the mac-fdisk docs and mac-fdisk basics
faq.

> configuring the keyboard (but "dvorak" wasn't available, aaaargh! So I
> had to sit and look at a qwerty one, but that was fine)

You'll be able to choose a new keyboard after getting the system
installed.

> I chose
> "partition a hard drive", answered a few questions, but came to a dialog
> that never stopped appearing until I chose no. "Weird", I thought,
> "mac-fdisk must be quitting weirdly." So I went back to the menu, and
> chose "execute a shell" and typed fdisk. It quit weirdly, spouting
> something about a "(".
>
> What gives? (I tried this three times or so, same result every time.)
> Sue.

The current build somehow has a broken-build mac-fdisk. There is a
binary package available on the web at

http://penguinppc.org/projects/eb/mac-fdisk.tar.gz

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |