Re: updatedb+checksecurity are killing my battery

Am Mit, 2001-12-19 um 15.45 schrieb Michael Schmitz:
> > > Or install anacron as well as the powerpc version of on_ac_power in
> > > /usr/bin:
> > > http://hadess.net/files/ppc/on_ac_power
> > >
> > > That should solve your problem with cron jobs going off while you're on
> > > battery.
> >
> > Great, this should go into pmud, like starting anacron on wakeup,
> > Colin's (no)atime remount, ... :)
>
> That's what pwrctl-local is good for, now isn't it?

But you could include this suggestion as an example pwrctl-local?
I have another problem, I had to put ifup and ifdown in my pwrctl-local.
Do you think this belongs there or would it be a good idea to put
"ifdown -a" and "ifup -a" in pwrctl?

> I'm not sure I like the noatime remount as default for the clueless user.
> Holding off on cron while on battery is a good idea, but I won't introduce
> a dependency on anacron for it. If it's just a matter of adding
> on_ac_power to /usr/bin, fine (a dependency on perl is pretty much what
> you can't escape with Debian).
You could add a test "[-x /usr/sbin/anacron] && exit" or something like
that into on_ac_power and not a dependency but a suggest for anacron.

 just my 2 cents

- gaudenz