Re: Antw: Re: RS/6000 43P-140 install

I have been having some problems that sound very similar for my RS/6000.
I havn't been able to get any of the debian disks to come up and provide
me a root filesystem running dbootstrap.  Before this, when putting the
default CD in I was also getting SCSI errors with the 53C8xx driver.  I
found through trial and error the only version that would work for my old
43P was the SYM53C8XX Version 2 driver.  With the disks not quite working
I'm giving up on using them and I plan on taking base2_2.tgz and throwing
that on my disk after I do all the dbootstrap stuff manually.  I'll then
make a special kernel and put it on a floppy and boot the first time that
way.

The only questions that remain in my mind are:  Is this a common problem
when installing on RS/6000?  Should someone try to make a set of boot
images specificly for the older RS/6000 systems?

Shaun