Re: kernel: make config for ibook2

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 19:04, Stefan Werner wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 5, 2001, at 03:47  AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >> I have used make config and recompiled benh's kernel for my ibook 2.
> >>
> >> However, after booting up, the keyboard wasn't working. Does anyone
> >> knows
> >> the kernel options that are responsible for making the keyboard works?
> >
> > Assuming you are running woody and/or sid, you most likely need to
> > disable CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES. As a workaround, you can pass
> > keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 to the kernel
>
> AFAIR the disabling CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES is considered the workaround
> and keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 is the solution.

No, it's the other way around. keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1 is only
needed because the kernel defaults to ADB keycodes with
CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=y.

> (the keyboard appears as ADB device, the Trackpad as a USB device).

At least on this Pismo the trackpad is an ADB device too, I have no
reason to believe it's different on an iBook2. Not that it matters with
/dev/input/mice. :)

PS: This list doesn't set the Reply-To: because that is considered
harmful. I can handle two copies of one post fine.