Re: misc. woes

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 04:45:31PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> In my experience, the Cube doesn't compare too badly with an Athlon 800.
> YMMV.

It's certainly an awful lot faster than a K6-II/500.  I wonder if
Albert's running with an OpenFirmware framebuffer only?  That would make
everything appear much slower interactively than it really is.

> IMHO most of your problems you should be able to resolve yourself easily
> if you really want though, or failing that maybe by asking politely.

Having just installed on a Cube coming from a "little PPC experience"
perspective I have to agree with this.  Branden's iBook page would make
a very good addition to the installation manual - there's a bunch of
stuff I wouldn't have picked up from the manual as it stands in there.

The page:
   http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html