Re: woody ppc installer

Hi Ethan

Sorry to bother you about this. I'm planning to install woody on a
bronze-keyboard G3 powerbook - a Lombard, I think it is called; no
firewire. PowerPC G3 333Mhz. I'm about to upgrade MacOS to 9.1/9.2.

Should I be using yaboot or BootX? The extract from the yaboot FAQ seems
to suggest that yaboot is for G4s, iMacDVs, or Pismo laptops.

I currently use BootX for LinuxPPC, but I'd like to do the 'right'
thing!

Thanks
Rory

>From <http://master.penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/yaboot-faq.shtml>

If you're on a G4, iMacDV, or Pismo laptop, you can restart while
holding down the option key, and you should be presented with two
buttons: one for the MacOS, and one for Linux. Click the Linux button,
then the arrow, and you should boot into yaboot and from there into
Linux.