XF86 question

I just installed Potato on a PowerMac 7500 with a G3 card. I used the
network install, and al wnet wel (except for some reason I couldn't get
the non-US packages - I think the network at work was screwy). When I boot
into Linux, I get the XDM login screen, but after I enter my
usernam/password, it hangs with a gray screen. THe cursor doesn't respond
to the mouse, either.

I copyie dhte default Xsession file to ~/.xsession, but to no avail.

any suggestions? This furstrates me because I feel like I'm pretty decent
with my Linux machine at home on a PC. I can't help but think that I'm
missing something simple.

--
Paul F. Pearson (ppearson@hiwaay.net)     http://home.hiwaay.net/~ppearson/
"Lord heal our land. Father heal our land. Hear our cry and turn our nation