Re: OT: Darwin

"Berg, Björn" <BERG@genesys-e.de> writes:

> NetBSD has also a not so free sourcecode (I see it as package not
> only the Kernel). Some parts are not published under GPL (like
> Linux) but under the BSD License which restricts developers and
> users.

That's not correct.  The BSD license is more liberal than the GPL,
actually.  So liberal that someone else can take your code and release
binary versions.  Some people are ok with that, though, and they like
that license.  NetBSD is definitely free software.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/