RE: OT: Darwin

Hey, hey, do yourself a favor and forget this thread. It has driven in a
direction I do not expected. All I wanted to have were some details about
darwin and other alternative OSs for the PowerPC (and I got them, thanx).

You are right that the sourcecode of darwin is more restricted than for
Linux. You have to register to get the sourcecode (so it is not really free,
but in a way it is). But to register for something that's not the idea of
OpenSource, I think.

NetBSD has also a not so free sourcecode (I see it as package not only the
Kernel). Some parts are not published under GPL (like Linux) but under the
BSD License which restricts developers and users.

But this thread should have no one given a reason to start a metadiscussion
about the pros and cons of Linux, netBSD or Darwin, or at least of Apples
business policy.

So, if you want to spam each other, yust do it, but do not use the list for
it. I think I'm speaking for all readers of the list.

Greetz :-))

Björn