Re: OT: Darwin

Ethan Benson wrote:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 05:36:53AM -0300, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:

Ethan Benson wrote:

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 04:47:07AM -0300, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti

No, no no. Mach can't support an userland all by itself, it needs servers; in Mac OS X, these servers are just one, and it is the BSD kernel minus the low-level hardware interface part.

you are wrong.

	This is no argument, so I don't need to answer... but here it goes.

	Mach isn't a kernel, it is a microkernel.

i know that.

Not only userland, but kernel also. From BSD, I just don't know which version. BSD is much bigger and older than FreeBSD.

they did NOT use the bsd kernel. that is a myth propagated by slashdot mostly.

	Before I go to sleep, it's 6h10 now...

http://daily.daemonnews.org/view_story.php3?story_id=681
http://www.vxm.com/Speed.MacOSX.html
http://www.publicsource.apple.com/projects/darwin/faq.html
http://www.darwinfo.org/faq.shtml#lineage
http://developer.apple.com/darwin/
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Essentials/SystemOverview/SystemTechnologies/index.html

Have a nice reading! And please be humbler next time, better to learn than to teach.

--
 _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 246 96 07