Re: PCMCIA with yenta_socket driver, and wavelan...on Lombard!

on 6/09/01 4:58, Josh Huber at huber@debian.org wrote:

> kernel 2.4.10-pre4 (linuxppc_2_4 bk pull from yesterday)
> pcmcia built from the debian source package
>
> I enabled the kernel PCMCIA support, and have modified
> /etc/default/pcmcia:
>
> ,----[ /etc/default/pcmcia ]
> | # Defaults for pcmcia (sourced by /etc/init.d/pcmcia)
> | PCMCIA=yes
> | PCIC=yenta_socket
> | PCIC_OPTS=
> | CORE_OPTS=
> | CARDMGR_OPTS=

I have a Farallon Skyline 11Mbp (PRISM II chipset) and got it to work on my
Lombard. Here is my /etc/default/pcmcia:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=yenta_socket
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=-v

And here is my config.opts file, where everything really interesting
happens:

#
# Local PCMCIA Configuration File
#

# PowerBook specific resources
include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff

That's all. I don't know for the wavelan card, but with the Farallon I use
the orinoco driver which works just fine (except that WEP is not supported
by this driver yet on the PrismII chipset, whereas the older wvlan_ng driver
did support it -- it's only a matter of time I guess :-))

--
Florent Pillet, Code Segment       Florent.Pillet@wanadoo.fr
PGP Key: D13C 6DD7 D0E2 7891 4AF9 0111 9514 4753 02F1 4D6D