wireless lan config

Hi,

A little bit off-topic, but I guess a number of people would be interested.

I'm getting quite bored having to type iwconfig parameters everytime I reboot one of my wireless connected machines, and although a script could do the trick, I was interested in the debian way of doing.

I have the /etc/network/interfaces with my eth1 (airport card) configured (IP config is correctly restored on boot). What are the options to this file to set ESSID, NICK and MODE for my station ? Or is there another file that does take care of this ?

The card seems to remember the network ID (ESSID) but not the rest of the config.

Hope somebody can straighten this for me, the documentation is rather scarce on this one.

Cheers

PS: Doh! found http://www.roelle.com/wvlanPPC/recipe_config.html
Do I really need the pcmcia package to use the airport card fully then ?