Re: X together with dual scan passive matrix PB display

leif wrote:

> Steven Hanley wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 09:15:43PM +0200, leif wrote:
> >
> >>By typing 'video=ofonly' I've now been able to install potato on my G3
> >>powerbook.
> >
> > hmm I have a g3 powerbook firewire (pismo) and have never had to pass that
> > as an argument on boot, the aty128fb driver works perfectly and detects
> > all the necessary video stuff for a good concsole resolutiont (128x48).

Steven, haven't you been reading his posts? He has one of the first G3 PBs
ever...

> > You need to have the aty128 fb in the kernel you use and it should all
> > work.
>
> Hi Steve, I hope what you say is true. There is a difference between
> your and mine monitor though, since I have passive matrix and you got
> probably active matrix.

Again, please don't focus too much on your panel.

> But I will try to get install aty128 fb via
> dselect (I suppose it is just a matter of looking through those lists...).

Doesn't work for kernel modules...

> But if what you say is so obvious, don't you think that it should have
> been included in potatoe or in YDL 2.0 for that matter?
>
> BTW, I have gathered the (un)relevant info here, perhaps you or anyone
> can tell if aty128fb will work for this card or not:
>
> Screen card
>   Card name:  ATY, 264LT-G
>   Card model: ATY,LT-G
>   ROM card number: 113-XXXXX-1.0028
>   Card revision: 128
>   Card dealer ID: 1002

Nope, atyfb if anything. I must confess the fact that it doesn't just work
could be related to your panel, but it's probably just a matter of setting the
correct resolution. I suggest reading up on the related options for atyfb.