X together with dual scan passive matrix PB display

By typing 'video=ofonly' I've now been able to install potato on my G3 powerbook.

I have only installed very few packages. Almost only the GNOME desktop package, as that will be enough until I get X to work. So far debian reports a problem with my display and refuses to start GNOME.

If I have understood things right then using 'video=ofonly' means that I use some kind of open firmware video card emulation, is that correct?

My question is: might 'video=ofonly' create problems for X?

And where can I find out about the vertical sync values for my pb display as well as for other monitors I might use my PB with?

--
Leif Halvard