IBM 830 Install problems...

	Sorry to bother the list, but I didn't see anything about this in the
archives... Has anyone had any success in install Debian onto IBM 830's,
without using tftp (not currently an option for me). I've tried a handful
of things,
first the floppies, which load the boot image up until it asks for the root
disk, and then everything locks up.

	I tried the bootable PReP CD w/ the base installer which works best so
far, going as far as saying it's running dbootstrap. Then it's a black screen,
and the system's locked yet again.

	Finally, I know that floppy support for install/booting isn't functioning
right now, but has anyone had any success making a working rescue
disk? If I dd rescue.bin it's not marked as PReP bootable, and so it doesn't
boot. Any help or advice on any of these problems would be deeply
appreciated, this is my first time setting up Linux on a PPC (although I've
set it up a few times on X86 w/o problems), and I've never hit problems
this early into the
installation before, so I'm not even sure where to start. Thanks,

                   							-Hamish