Re: XF4 install problem on titanium powerbook

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 02:40:59PM -0400, Gaby Levinson wrote:

> 	I am quite new to debian (ex 4-year LinuxPPC user) and am desperatly
> trying to figure out how to use apt-get etc.
>
> I have been able to get debian (potato, installed from burned CD images)
> mostly running on my tibook, but it seems I need XFree86 4.0 to make it
> run full screen.
>
> If I try doing apt-get install xserver-xfree86 I get errors about
> dependancys that are unmet (i have the "branden woody" line in my sources
> file).  It wants to see debconf, xserver-common and libc6) If I try to
> install them by hand I get other dependancy errors.

The simplest thing might just be to upgrade to woody.  To do this, you edit
your sources.list to point to woody (or testing), and then run 'aptget
dist-upgrade'.  This might be simplest, as XFree86 4.0 is not in potato,
but it is in woody.

Of course, you'll probably only want to do this if you have a fast internet
connection, as it'll probably require a heck of a lot of downloads...
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/