Re: X 4.1.0 0pre1v1.3 debs on pismo (not working)

Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 09:33:07PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > However now when I startx it still wont start but it doesnt tell me
> > > anything useful. It then gets a sig11 and dies.
> >
> > This is the vgaHW related problem we have been discussing this week. You
> > need to apply one of mine or Ani Joshi's hacks when building.
>
> When you guys have reached agreement on which hack should go into my
> XFree86 packages?  I'm happy to apply it.

I'm afraid the best we can do for 4.1 is to #undef a few things in vgaHW.c .
Ani, can you submit a patch for that to XFree86 and Branden? Thanks.

That leaves things like the PreP subarch or Mac boards on non-PPC machines in
the cold but in exchange enables VGA dependant boards to work, so I guess it's
kind of progess. Hopefully we'll find a better solution for 4.2 or whenever.