Re: X 4.1.0 0pre1v1.3 debs on pismo (not working)

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 09:33:07PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> This is the vgaHW related problem we have been discussing this week. You need
> to apply one of mine or Ani Joshi's hacks when building.

okay I applied ani's that was posted to pppcdev sometime last week. let it o
and compile for an hour or so again and got a driver out of it.

Now instead of sug11 it does that thing where it looks like the lcd screen is
melting again (I saw this a few times with 4.0.1 drivers when I used the plain
debian compiled drivers instead of ani's entire rsync tree to compile my
drivers)

I asked on opn #ppclinux and someone told me to try the drivers olaf has
compiled in http://penguinppc.org/~olaf/7.1/xf86-4.1.0/, but they just did the
sig11 thing again.

Anyway I tried increasing the horizontal and vertical refresh ranges and still
got the screen elting with the new vgahw patched drivers.

Should I rsync ani's latest tree from penguinppc.org and use that to compile
drivers?

Any suggestions?

        See You
            Steve