Re: distribution of 2.4.x source for PPC (Re: Install on UATA)

Hi,

You can find PPC kernel compilation instruction on my web site -
http://homepage.mac.com/macgurutemple/linux_tips_and_tricks.html.

However, there are no instruction to build deb. I believe Debian has
instruction for building kernel "Debian Way", search on Debian web site.

>This is only speculation on my part but stable support for my UATA66
>HPT366 controller was introduced with 2.4, I think the same would aply
>for your Acard controller.
>
>About 2.4 kernel compilation on PPC I guess 2.4 source from kernel.org
>won't work you would need to patch it. I found patches against a number
>of 2.4.x kernels at
><http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/cort/> anyone on the list
>have any experience with those ? Is there some more or less official
>source distribution directly compilable on ppc ?

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski               *
*   e-mail         ---   andrei.verovski@bigfoot.com   *
*   Personal Home Page                                 *
*   http://homepage.mac.com/macgurutemple/             *