Problems installing on new iBook dual USB

I didn't realize that getting Debian onto this iBook would be so
difficult. I hope someone on this list has some clues to help
me. First I have to ask if anyone knows of anyone installing Debian on
one of these things?

My problems begin with the fact that I can't find any tools from Apple
to repartition the disk. Neither the included Mac OS X CD or the
Software Restore CD have HD Setup. What does Apple use these days to
partition drives? I want to Dual boot Mac OS and Linux and thought it
would be better to create the new Mac OS partitions with an Apple
tool.

I can't even see yet how to use pdisk on the Debian CD because it
doesn't boot. When booting holding down the c key, all I get is a pure
white screen. I've tried net booting too. While using bootp, I get an
"Unknown DHCP Request (8)" in the server's logs and when using dhcpd,
I get "DHCPInform from ..." in the logs. Either way the iBook just
sits there with the little earth flashing in the middle of the
screen.

Anyone know of any "hacked for iBook" Debian CDs? Other leads? One
idea is to install Yellow Dog Linux and then start the Debian install
from the previous YDL installation. There must be an easier way.

--
Ron Golan
rgolan@coalabs.com