Re: radeon ppc fix

Ani Joshi wrote:

> I've recently fixed the annoying Radeon engine init problem

Wow. I've spent hours trying to track this down.

> and placed a patch against XFree86 4.1.0 radeon driver and a binary
> radeon_drv driver at:
>
> ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/users/ajoshi/radeon
>
> The binary driver can be unzipped and placed in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ along with ati_drv.o.
> You will need to have a 4.1.0 installation.

Is the new ati_drv.o really needed? Only Radeon specific files in your diff...

> Feedback is welcome,

The usual rant: guarding by __powerpc__ won't do as some people will need that
code. At least int10 can be disabled with an XF86Config option.

Anyway, this is great, now I can finally work on the DRI. :)