Re: how to emulate 2nd and 3rd mouse button

>  If your kernel is compiled to support it, put
> # keycodes from linux/input.h
> dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode = 100
> dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode = 97
> dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation = 1
>
>  in your /etc/sysctl.conf
>
>  This works on my 9500-based Dayster SMP machine, and makes right-option
> be middle mouse, and right-control be right mouse.  You can use other
> keycodes if you like.

hello, first of all thank you to you and to micheal for your replys.

i didn't get around to trying this for quite a while, being busy, and when
i did try it out, at first it wasn't working. or at least so i thought.
so i tried to look things up in the archives, and i found something to do
with F11 and F12, but i had to write a script to keep it every time
i booted. and then today i realised that what you suggested worked,
i just wasn't using it correctly.

reading through the postings on this list makes me think that i am on the
wrong list. most of the postings come from developers, and my questions are
basic still, so is there a newbies list i can join too? for debian ppc only,
i can get enough help with PCs in *real life* :)

thanks again,
sisi