Re: compilation of kernel 2.2.4 failed on PowerPC

From: Michel Dänzer <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: compilation of kernel 2.2.4 failed on PowerPC
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:41:44 +0200

> Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
>
> > First, Xfree 4.0(xserver-xfree8 4.0.3-3 etc.) seems not to
> > work correctly.  I used fbdev but it displaied something
> > like in reverse video(?) when I did startx.
> > (X works fine on potato system)
>
> What depth? If 16, try 15 or vice versa.

Yes, I setted depth 16 and changed it to 15 then
it's fixed the problem.

But white dotts are scattered, mainly on black background.
For example WindowMaker's big debian logo in lower parts
of screen contains many such dotts.
But this is not so big problem compared with reverse video
like situation and will be fixed soon, I hope.

Thanks for your kind help.

Best Regards,			2001.5.15

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.