Re: pumpd failing to renew lease

I'm the one who originated that thread. I've got no response to my request for information. I've never gotten pump to work at all. I did, however, get dhcp-client to work, once I discovered a message in one of the logs files (I can't remember which one) saying that I need to run a kernel with CONFIG_PACKET=y and CONFIG_FILTER=y. I found that my kernel only had one of these, so I built myself a new kernel, and dhcp-client is not working like a champ

        - Peter Canning

Daniel Ericsson wrote:
Hi,

I'm running kernel 2.2.18pre21 on a Beige G3/333 (mistie). I have a problem with pumpd failing to renew it's lease. None of the other four boxes I'm running, on the same net have this problem. One of them is an i686 with kernel 2.2.14-5.0smp also running pumpd.

# cat /var/log/syslog | grep pumpd
<snip>
May 13 15:24:03 mistie pumpd[13682]: failed to renew lease for device eth0
May 13 15:24:03 mistie pumpd[13682]: terminating as there are no more devices under management

This is reoccuring several times a day. pumpd tries to renew it's license every half an hour or so. About one time of four it fails with the above error.