Re: Success!! [was: BootX & Booting without keyboard/monitor]

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 06:05:12PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 07:53:46PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > designed for anything but bootable CD's and floppies.  its useless for
> > bootable CDs since it requires non-free, non-distributable Apple CDROM
> > drivers.
> >
> Do we have anyone that could convince Apple to open this part of their old
> machines?
>
> They obviously don't have any interest in them anymore, since OSX isn't
> supporting them....

there is a problem here apart from what ethan mentioned about third party code
in here.

I was talking to paulus about this a while ago, and apple seem to be pretty
friendly with him from time to time. when you want specs or concrete
information about some of the older hardware, say all the oldwold machines
apple released, or any single one of them. it is not only that apple wont open
up code for the machines, Paul said they often did not have the informatuion
at all, inside apple they no longer had information on lots of the internals
or details one would need to write OS level code for some of their older
machines. I dont understand why they didnt keep it but hey.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/