Re: Anyone have 'cmucl' working?

On 12 May 2001 20:49:15 -0700, Tovar wrote:
> I tried the older binary on the 'www.cons.org' site and it faulted
> immediately.  'cmucl' compiles itself, so it's non-trivial to build
> from scratch.  Does anyone already have a working copy or do i need
> to try cross-compile the thing?
>                                    -- Tovar

I've also been on a scheme kick lately; I've found that
drscheme and company work well, but cmucl failed to
compile from apt-get -b source; I wasn't really paying
attention to the details, though. I also found that gcl
isn't compiling, nor is oaklisp (which is despite the name
apparently closer to scheme than lisp).

I'm using Hadess' gnome binaries, which may have to do with
why guile seems to have some broken stuff, and may not.

Finally, none of STK, Stclos (I think that's it), nor qscheme
have debian packages that I can see.

(You are lost in a twisty maze of lisp/scheme implementations,
all slightly different...)

Phil