Re: LocalTalk support?

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 10:15:59PM -0500, Craig S. Cottingham wrote:
> Does Debian PPC (or, for that matter, any flavor of Linux PPC kernel)
> support LocalTalk? If not, is there any good reason other than
> nobody's bothered to implement it? Have I gone out of list scope and
> should ask somewhere else?

the actual localtalk  over the serial port i do not think is
supported.  however if its localtalk over ethernet (which i suppose is
called ethertalk...) is supported, sortof, by netatalk.

i think the `nobody has bothered' is probably the explanation.
localtalk/ethertalk are pretty gross networking protocols.  moving to
tcp/ip is recommended.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/