Re: fonts

Michel Lanners wrote:

On   7 May, this message from Daniel Bondurant echoed through cyberspace:

I have having problems with fonts. I have all the font packages installed (from unstable), but gnone, enlightenment, and wmaker can't find them. I also have xfs running.

where do I define the path the font, and where do the .deb packages put them?
Is there someplace other then XFree86-4 that the font paths need to be defined

I have xfs-xtt running on my 'testing'-system (AFAICT this is standard
xfs patched with TruType support).

xfs from XFree86 has TT support as well (as of 4.x), xfs-xtt is not from XFree86. It's said to handle TT fonts better though, so I'm also using it.

BTW the default font server config installed with the package should work fine, you just have to add a FontPath for it to XF86Config. For xfs-xtt, that would be

    FontPath "unix/:7110"

for xfs the number is 7100. Increase the number if you want the second font server, ...